Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some Holiday Moments

So tonight was moms anual "Lighting Ceremony" Christmas Party. It's probably one of my favorite events of the year! I can't believe our family is actually getting big enough that we can have our own Christmas party without joining up with cousins and such (I don't mean that to sound bad....I love the cousins party too!). Simon had so much fun and as always is attached to Sid at the hip!! We had yummy dinner and than made gingerbread houses.
Here is Simon displaying his work of art! Don't mind the "bowl hat". Weirdo!

My mom's tree this year is a must see! Apparently she asked my dad to help decorate the tree and this is his idea of decorating! The picture really doesn't do it justice! Knowing my mom she will keep it up this way all season just to prove a point!
Santa visited the mall again this year and Simon got to give him his wish list (which consisted of "a toy"....that's what he told Santa he wanted!).


And he got these wonderfully cute Christmas socks in the mail from my Grandma Downs. He freaking loves them!!!! Can you see how excited he is???


Hope you all are having a fun Holiday season so far!!!



12 comments:

Hayley said...

Love you mom's tree! So funny.

Stacey Irwin said...

I am still laughing at your dad's idea of decorating.. that is just soo your dad for you!!!! Your Mom's a party looked like it was a blast.. and knowing your family I'm sure it was hilarious!
Simon looks so cute in his christmas socks!! miss your family!

Kylie said...

Love your mom's tree! That is hilarious. Cute Simon, he is adorable. Also cute tree skirt where in the world did you happen to get that from? Ha ha! I happen to have one just like it! What are the odds?

Kim + Danny said...

Hi Amy, My friend Hailey took our family pictures. I had to take it out of our header because I forgot that's what our christmas card is this year. So it'll be reposted after christmas. She charges $90 right now, but I know she was going to double her price soon because she is so busy. She takes the family pictures and then singles of the kids. She also photo shops the ones you like and then gives you a cd of all the images. So if you are interested you can check out her blog www.damonandhailey.wordpress.com It's a family blog, she hasn't started her photography one yet so pictures are mixed with family stuff. Hope that helps. Also if you get me your address we'd love to send you a christmas card.

Hawks Family said...

How fun! I loved the tree at your Mom's house - too funny! Looks like Simon is happy with his socks, our kids loved them too!

Hanne and Fam said...

Simon is such a cutie! I guess you get free reign on what to buy him for Christmas and he will be happy. My kids have very specific wants this year. Your mom's tree is great. Ours isn't much better!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are into the full swing of the holidays. I love how your Dad decorates the tree. LOL!

Parker Family said...

Gotta love this time of year! How fun for your mom to have a lighting party, your mom is so creative and fun, love her! And love the tree too! haha. Socks look familiar too, I think we have the best grandma ever!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Love the Christmas tree!!! Too cute! Hopefully I will see you tommorow, I am coming to BEst Buy, I am going to attempt one last day of Christmas shopping and then I will be totally DONE, hurray. But, I need one more stocking stuffer...The Black Knight (is that even the right name?) Let's hope I grab the right movie

alliSUN said...

SWEET SOCKS!!!!!

The Robbins said...

Oh my heck! Love the tree! HILARIOUS!!! Was he seriously trying to decorate it?!? HAHAHA. And Simon is so cute that he was so excited over his new socks! He is such a little stud, always has been. I miss him. :) Yes, let's get the boys together soon, not sure quite when, cause we are moving this weekend and will need to get settled in the midst of the holiday season...ahhh...but we must get them together!

The Wolfley Family said...

I love that socks make Simon so happy -- it reminds me of Kutter. Your mom's tree still has me laughing! Can't wait to see you guys next week!