Monday, November 3, 2008

He Melts My Heart!


I've been thinking a lot lately about how my little boy is just that....a little BOY! I'm amazed at all the "little boy" things that Simon does even though he's surrounded by girls all the time (no offense Ady, Sienna, Jaycee and Hannah). I used to say that boys come out of the womb making machine gun noises (somehow girls can't make that noise), but now I really do believe that! Although he is around little girls as his play mates he has somehow learned a few things like....
How to "punch fight" and make the punching noise with his mouth.
How to "sword fight" and make the sword clashing noise with his mouth.
How to tackle (and actually take you down).
How to love watching Star Wars over and over and over and over.
How to call Barbie comercials "stupid".
How to pick his nose and wipe it on anything, anywhere.
How to "rock on" like any rock star would.
How to laugh at a fart...anytime, anywhere.
Not sure if this one fits in here...but he somehow has learned how to comb my hair like a "Jedi Princess". (OK, that's just sweet!)
He'll run around in a diaper, with his "big boy" underwear pulled up around his chest (all of this through one leg hole), his spiderman socks pulled clear up to his knees, his sunglasses with no lenses on, and pretend that he's a super hero (He is to me!).
Where did he learn all this??? I guess boys are just boys and you can't do anything about it. But I don't think I would anyway....I love Simon so much and have so much fun watching his imagination grow. I find myself laughing so hard I almost pee my pants some days!
I love you Simon!

12 comments:

Hayley said...

Since we are boyless, we both adore watching sim doing his manly stuff. He is just so much fun, and so full of life.

This post was darling.

Kylie said...

Oh man, this is so cute! I love the little things you wrote, how sweet! And yes, he is adorable! :)

Hanne and Fam said...

I loved this post and I have to say I agree with everything!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet entry! Simon is such a cutie. I also am amazed at how from the very beginning boys are boys and girls are girls. Crazy! Thanks for your nice compliments on my pictures.

Hawks Family said...

You're so right - boys and girls are very different, but very special in their own ways. Simon is getting so big, I can hardly believe it.

Caesy Jade Smith said...

How cute!!!I miss yu guys!Did Simon have fun on halloween???Hows work?Simon is just so cute give him, Cody, and you love from me!!!

alliSUN said...

OH I LOVE THIS LITTLE BOY! My find myself going WOW! everytime I see him though. He has gotton so BIG! And true statement. BOYS WILL BE BOYS. My brother grew up with nothing but sisters! lol.
-Allison shepherd
www.alliallison.blogspot.com

Soto family said...

He totally cracks me up! I sooo wish we lived closer. And, reading that list of boy things, is he not just the spittin' image of our dear brother??? LOL!

The Robbins said...

You'll have to print this post and put it in his baby book! How sweet!

Stacey Irwin said...

How awesome is that! I agree with you. They say it's learned. I say it's in there blood to be boys!!! Boys rock! I love all the boys things he does!! what a kick! and the pictures are adorable!

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Amy! Ha! I didn't know when I first started blogging that people could leave comments and I never went back to old posts to read comments until today. I am so glad you found me! Your family is so adorable- aren't boys so much fun?!
-Tabitha

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post. He is such a boy! It is good for Hannah to have a little less drama around here. We love how happy go lucky he is. I think I need to get more trucks, swords, and boy toys! He may be getting sick of Barbies :>!

Ang