Monday, February 9, 2009

The "Family Ghost"

So, if you ever think that your children don't learn anything in Nursery.....you are wrong! Yesterday we asked Simon what he learned in Nursery that day and he proceeded to tell us that he learned about a "big, big, family ghost". We were confused of course until he started to tell us that "David was scared of the storm but the 'family ghost' made him feel better." and that "the 'family ghost' makes us happy!" Um, yes I may have gotten a little teary eyed! Clearly this "family ghost" is the Holy Ghost that they learned about! I love that Simon loves Nursery so much! He has the greatest Nursery leaders in the world and he looks forward to seeing them every week. In fact yesterday when I was combing his hair for church he asked me if I could comb it like Brother Roberts! So funny!!! We definatly needed to see this sweet side of him since lately he has been nothing but trouble! He has mastered the art of talking back to us (mom and dad, I apologize if I ever did this because now I see how mad it can make you!!). If we tell him to get dressed he says "I am! Now nock it off!" or now he'll tell me "Don't talk to me like that!" Simply obeying is not an option for him I guess! Arghhhh! I have heard that the terrible 3's is worse than the terrible 2's....and he is almost 3- so BRING IT ON! He may just end up being an only child at this rate! :) But on top of all of that he really does have his sweet moments and one little hug and kiss from him can erase all those frustrations!

10 comments:

Caesy Jade Smith said...

How cute!!! Simo's such a cutie!That was verry funny last night!!Well talk to you later, Bye!! By the way, cute background!!!

Caesy Jade Smith said...

Amy, Just love that kid! All the good stuff he learns from me and all the bad from the other grandma you know.
Cute!
GT

Kylie said...

The "family ghost"...I LOVE IT! That is so dang cute!

Soto family said...

What a stud! He's such a handsome little boy and he has the funniest personality!!!!

Maybe the family ghost will replace "good guy" who lives in the pantry!

Hayley said...

Love that Simon!! He is such a smart cookie.

Amy Johnson said...

Jen, it was "real guy" that lived in the pantry! :) Get your facts straight!! Geez!

Stacey Irwin said...

how funny is that?! I love it! family ghost. hey he's learning it! who knew nursery could teach so much!
I think 2-3 are the hardest of em all. Boys were the best. But still managed to be a pill. It's a good thing we love em and they a have their "adorable" moments to help erase there "monster" moments right!

The Wolfley Family said...

He is definately the cutest ever!

Sandy said...

What a cute story! Kids say some of the funnest things. I know I love listening to my nieces and nephews...you can learn a lot from them too!

JaimeW said...

Amy way cute blog!! it was fun to see you at the shower!! You need to teach me all the pinching your pennies stuff as well. Now I will be able to keep tabs on you.