Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween

So, this year for Halloween Simon decided he wanted to be a ghost. Sounds good, right? But he had specifics....after a few minutes showing him different ghost costumes online, I realize he wants to be the kid with the sheet thrown over his head and holes cut out for the eyes. Cute, I know...but my pride got in the way and I just couldn't bear the idea of looking like a "shmuck mom" who put no effort into her kids costume! I know, it really should be all about what the kid wants....but I just couldn't do it. Anyway, while we were debating over what to do for a costume Simon was on a Smurf kick. I have the DVD's (nostalgia!) and he loooooves watching it! So, I just happened to mention "Simon, you could be a smurf!" and he was sold (whew!). So, he chose to be Brainy Smurf. I think it turned out pretty good and it fit his personality so well!
He got good use out of his costume. We had a work party which he got 2nd place for best costume (proud mom moment!), we went to see Cody's Grandma, went to Travis's work trick or treating, dressed up for preschool, and then the actual Halloween night. Geez...I'm surprised the costume actually made it through all that!
This is "Teacher Tana" aka my mom. She is a great sport to dress up with the kids in preschool!
Here's the cousins trick or treating at my moms. Ady was a clown, and Sienna was a bumble bee. So cute, right??
The kids making the rounds. I love watching them get older and understanding just how this works. Simon had a couple trips and falls, but if you know Simon your not surprised!
Now for my dad....I'm not really sure what to say. My dad has never really been a "Halloween Guy". He basically tolerates Halloween and that's just how it's always been. This year he surprised us (and mom) by dressing up. So, introducing Dad aka....Marley Dude!

I know....your speechless!

Cody has also been busy building Simon a headboard now that he has a big boy bed. Here is the finished product and seriously, a picture just doesn't do it justice! It's beautiful and he did such an amazing job with it!!! It turned out just how I wanted, and Simon freaking loves it! We are going to try and finish a bedroom for Simon downstairs so we can have a nursery again for the baby (that still feels weird to say!), so someday when that is done I'll post a pic of the whole set up.


One last thing. The other night while I was at work Cody was putting Simon to bed. Here is the conversation that was had....
Cody: "Simon, your dad sure does love you!"
Simon: "Your son sure does love you!"
small pause
Simon: "Loves important."
I love this story!!!!

11 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Okay... I need that smurf video.. What a cute idea for a cotstume ( and easy!) Give it a few more years and you will beg simon to just be a sheet ghost!!
LMAO at your dad! I so miss your family.
The head board is amazing. If I lived closer I would hire Code for a few headboard jobs for my house! That is just amazing!
Simon's conversation was too cute.
Argh! I need to live closer!
Glad you guys had a fun halloween I hope you're feeling okay.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I LOOVVEE that smurf costume, I think he is the cutest smurf I have ever seen!! And that bed turned out soooo darn cute....Cody needs to sell headboards on the side, beds that cute are hard to find!!! And, how tender is that love quote, he is just too darn cute!!

Hayley said...

Love is important Sims. It is.

The Robbins said...

Wow, ok, way cute moment between Cody and Simon! That kid says some of the greatest things. :) The headboard looks awesome, well done Cody. Simon's comstume was great, and that is hilarious about your dad!

Amber said...

What a great costume!! I love brainy smurf :) And seriously - how cool is it that your husband could make Simon's headboard? He really could sell them - I would have bought one. We looked forever before we found one for Andrew - they're either ugly or too dang expensive! Of course, now he won't sleep in it...
Love the conversation he had with his dad - priceless :)

Anderson Avenue said...

What a cute little smurf! We will have to hire Cody to make us a headboard! It is beautiful!!

Kylie said...

Too cute, love the smurf costume. What a talented husband you have, that headboard is AMAZING! I want one for my bed! You're dad is hilarious! One of these days I expect my dad to just bust out something like that! :)

Parker Family said...

Too much fun! The smurf is the cutest! You dad is awesome! And Cody is very talented!! How is the mom to be feeling?? Hope better!!

Brittney said...

Amy- just read that you are expecting. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S! So excited for you! Especially hope you feel better soon.

alliSUN said...

Your Family is so creative! haha I dressed up as Juno. I Love the smurf and uncle joel though! I have little smurf figurines my locker! and bob marley is my total fav! haha so I very much loved this post!

-Alli
www.alliallison.blogspot.com
love is important

Caesy Jade Smith said...

OH Simon is such a cutie!!! He cracks me up! I love him and his "big boy bed" is pretty cool!