Sunday, May 23, 2010

Introducing Lucy Mae Johnson

Welcome to this world Lucy Mae Johnson!
What a crazy weekend it has been! We went in Friday morning to have our little Lucy....start to finish labor was only 4 hours (it's really fine to be jealous if you'd like!)....and Lucy joined us Friday May 21, at 11:47am. She weighed 8 lb. 1 oz. She was a little bruised up in the face from coming out so quickly, but is still ridiculously beautiful (in my opinion!)


She looks so much like Simon did when he was born.

This was Simon getting to hold his baby sister for the first time! It was a pretty great moment!

Simon LOVES to hold her! He can go from being a total monster to being the sweetest thing ever when he gets around her. He is so protective (he does NOT like flash photography around her!) and doesn't like to take turns holding her...he just wants her all to himself!
Stay tuned for more pictures to come! My mom took a lot more than I did so far....that's what grandma's are for, right?

19 comments:

Candice said...

What a doll..congrats!

Amber said...

Ok, I've already said this on FB - but she's adorable and I'm so happy for you! You have such a beautiful family. :)

rosie said...

She is beautiful Amy! Congratulations to you, Cody and Simon. I hope you are feeling ok. By the way-start to finish: 3 1/2 hours with Jason! (I earned it because Derrek took 21 long, long hours)

Alicia said...

You guys are so lucky. Keep in touch while you are out.

Hayley said...

Have I told you how smitten I am?

Oh, I have. Well, it's the truth. She is really, really beautiful.

Kylie said...

CONGRATS! We are so excited and happy for you. 4 hours thought? WOW! Where can I get some of that luck in October? :) She is beautiful.

Camille Pedersen said...

so happy and excited for you. What a sweet baby and the name is adorable, too. Hope you enjoy those quiet moments of rocking a new little one.. they grow so so fast. Leah is already two.

Hawks Family said...

She is so darling! What a precious little one - I loved the pics of Simon holding her - he does really look protective! Congratulations on the quick delivery!

Brittney said...

She is perfect! LOVE those teeny little bows on the newborn girls. Congrats, she is beautiful. So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is too cute! Congrats!

Melissa Hernandez said...

congrat's, what a darling little girl!!!!! simon looks like he will be an awesome brother!! what a awesome labor, 4 hours!!!!! enjoy your beautiful new baby, they grow up too fast!!!

The Wolfley Family said...

I am already madly in love with her!

Parker Family said...

So precious! She is a very beautiful baby! Enjoy all of it! Congrats! Love ya!

Stacey Irwin said...

4 hours??I am jealous!!!! HOW DID YOU DO THAT??!!
She really is beautiful!! I think she looks like you!
I love her name, Now I am just sad I don't get to hold her... ( sigh)
Congrats girl, I hope you and baby are doing okay!

I do have a gift for you... my goal is to get it in the mail.. BEFORE I move this weekend!
Luv ya!
And welcome to the world Little Lucy Mae!!!

The Fluckiger Family said...

I agree: she is ridiculously beautiful! I love her chubby little cheeks. I am so happy for you guys :)

The Carpenter Family said...

Congrats!!! She is sooo Cute.

tina said...

she's a cutie. Congrats!

The Robbins said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE'S HERE! I hadn't heard anything but was thinking she should be here by now...so I checked the blog and lo and behold! What a cute little girl! Haha, gotta laugh that Simon doesn't even want flash photography around her! Cracks me up! Congratulations, glad she is finally here. I wish I would have know and been able to visit you at the hospital. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I want to come hold her for hours one of these days, K!