Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our First Rodeo!

You may have seen before in previous posts that our little Simon has decided he is part cowboy. I have absolutly NO IDEA where he is getting this from, but I will admitt it's pretty cute!
Anyway, he practices his bull riding on grandpa's back and has also learned about mutton bustin'. So, we decided to have our very first family rodeo event on Health Days and let Simon give the Mutton Bustin' a try.
We have been talking about it for awhile now, and made sure he knew just exactly what Mutton Bustin' was (for those of you that don't know...it's when the kids ride a sheep and basically hold on for dear life.) He totally wanted to do it!
Simon's cousin Sid even decided he would give it a try! Don't they look like awesome little cowboys? Simon even went over by himself to get registered, and to pay his money.

After a very long day sitting in the sun waiting for his event....it was finally time. He went with dad, waiting in line....meanwhile I was being a very nervous mom! He did good till it was actually his turn to get on a sheep and than he bailed out. I guess seeing all the other kids fall off and start crying made him think "this is crazy....I'm out!". So, I guess I am still the proud mom of someone who does not succumb to peer pressure! :)


And I think he is still the BEST LOOKING COWBOY in the entire world! Love you Sim's....it was a good try! There's always next year!



6 comments:

Soto family said...

that last picture is sooooo cute! That's my cowboy! :)
I love that little guy to pieces!
Tell him Auntie Jen is proud of anyway!

Kylie said...

How cute! Sounds like Michelle's little guy. Agreed with Jen, that last picture is totally adorable!

Candice said...

Ha..smart boy!!

Parker Family said...

We did the same thing with Ashton, he had to wait and wait and then when the time finally came, he bailed out too, two years in a row. This year, he is thinking he can do it, hopefully he isn't too big :) Branson is our little tough guy, I know he will do it this year too, he isn't scared of much, he even had his older brother talk him into getting on a cow last summer....he ended up getting bucked off, all from listening to his older brother :) BOYS!! :)
What a cute cowboy you got there!

Hayley said...

I love Simon in his cowboy gear.
He'll break someones achy breaky heart someday.

The Carpenter Family said...

What a cute cowboy!!! I would have to say a brave one at that!!! I wouldn't of even signed up for the thing! Way to go Simon!!! :)