Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grandma Downs

Grandma Downs


I thought this was a great picture to begin this post with. This is my Grandma Downs holding Lucy on the day she was born. May 21, 2010.


Yesterday, May 21, 2011 Grandma Downs passed away.

Grandma was such an amazing woman and I am so proud of the heritage that her and my Grandpa Downs gave us. Grandma was such a fun lady and was always such a good sport with all our families adventures. Grandma hosted many, many, many cousin sleepovers, taught us lots of crafts, played many a game of Old Maid (and taught us how to be good sports.). Grandma made me beautiful dresses (and comfy undies), and always added a ribbon when she would braid my hair.

I will miss you very much Grandma!


Here are a few pics of my grandma. They are all of her holding Lucy. Simon is always on the run after a hug, so it's hard to get a pic of that kid. :)

Holding Lucy at the 4th of July parade in Hyrum. Another fun tradition that we shared with Grandma. We always watched the parade from her house.

Grandma holding Lucy on Christmas morning. It was so fun to have Grandma watch Simon and Lucy open presents from Santa on Christmas morning this last year.


Lucy also celebrated her 1st Birthday on May 21. So it was a bitter sweet day. I will post her birthday on a later date.









5 comments:

rosie said...

It is so hard to lose someone we love. I'm glad you have many happy memories of her-they will become great treasures to you. Love ya-Rosie

Candice said...

Very sweet.. Amy sorry to hear about your grandma. Grandparents seem to just be the best :)

Camille Pedersen said...

It's hard to not cry when I look at those sweet pictures of grandma with Lucy.. I have the same ones of her with my kids. I will forever treasure them and all the many many memories I have with her. Can't you just picture her asking grandpa, "Les, what took you so long to get me?" see you soon.:(

Stacey Irwin said...

she was the absolute best Lou. I will miss her too. hyrum& parades will never be the same with out her. I hold such fond memories of her and the fun we had when we were with her. Big hugs to you and those pictures are priceless! love ya.

Melissa Hernandez said...

this is the 3rd blog post i have read tonight about a grandmother passing away this week. I think heavenly father must need a lot of sweet grandma's in heaven right now. What sweet pictures!