Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Honestly!

So, it's been a bit since my last post and things are going wonderfully! I am in love with this new life I have. I am loving having more time with my family, more time for my church callings, and more time to [attempt] to clean my house. I also have started cooking! [gasp]. I love getting Simon off to school every morning, and having a little solo time with Lucifer [Lucy] before he gets home. It allows me to give 110% when I am at work, which is nice as well!

I honestly don't even miss the significant pay decrease. Honestly! I have an amazing testimony of tithing, because somehow it's all working out! I also am really enjoying the challenge/creativity that comes with pinching pennies. Honestly!

One of my favorite penny pinching finds right now has been home made laundry detergent. I was super hesitant when I first saw this. Then I saw how easy it was. Then I saw the 406 amazing comments (not one bad one!). Then I saw how much money I could save. SOLD! So, I tried it. And I love it!!!!


Go to beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com to see the ingredients/instructions, and all the fantastic comments. $20 is all it takes to get all the ingredients, and it should last 9 months to a year!! Try it...I dare you! If anyone has any other awesome money saving finds, I'd love to hear them!!

[I promise one of these next days I'll get some pics of the kids on here.]

5 comments:

Candice said...

Yay for happy!!

Camille Pedersen said...

Funny. I just picked up all the ingredients for homemade laundry soap too... Except I haven't made it yet.. Glad to have another positive comment. I'm sure I'll love it too. So happy that life is wonderful.... We should plan a cousins lunch date. That would be super fun.

Brittney said...

What an awesome idea! I LOVE it. Thanks for sharing. I too am always amazed at how things always seem to work out. So happy for you!

Stacey Irwin said...

I've been wondering about that laundry soap. What I want to know is what did you use before and what differences do you see?? I'm glad things are working out and your HAPPY! you deserve it Lou!

oh and cracking up about the nickname Lucifer!! hilarious.. we have one of those too except we refer to her as BOMBALOO..you'll have to check out that kids book.. you would love it! MISS YA!

The Carpenter Family said...

Wow!!! I'm on it! Let me know of any other penny pinching ideas...cause we are definately open to them all :). I'm glad you're enjoying the new life...you deserve it!