Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kite Flying....Fisherman Style.



In between sessions of Conference we decided to all go to the park and attempt to fly kites. I say attempt, because that's pretty much all it was....an attempt. We had a few successfull launches, but the wind just wouldn't keep up! When I was little my dad used to help us fly our kites with a fishing pole. That way you can get your kite way up there and it doesn't take a million hours to reel it back in! Cody thought it was worth a try!




Cody was able to get it way up in the air where the wind wouldn't die. Simon thought it was pretty cool and kept pointing to it "so high".














This might be one of my favorite "Simon Faces". It's just so funny! He's concentrating so hard....I love it!










And of course daddy has to go check out the fish in the creek. I don't get many opportunities to take pictures of Simon with his dad because Cody hates it when I take his picture....so I take it when I get the chance! I love this picture of them!
It was a lot of fun to get outside, even though it was a little chilli!

8 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

What a great Idea. I am definetly going to try that ! the pictures of those two are cute! Now I feel inspired to buy a kite for the kids. what are you doing for Simon's birthday party!

tina said...

Wow! HOw creative! I'd have never thought of that!

Hayley said...

You got some great shots of Cody and Simon. Looks like fun, we will have to go again soon.
Hay

Amber said...

How adorable - father and son bonding time. If I were to take pictures of Chris and Andrew they'd be playing video games. Yikes. We start 'em young!

Anonymous said...

How fun! It looks like your boys had a good time. I love Simon's concentrating face. Too cute!

Amber Culp Family said...

I was so not surprised Cody tried to fly a kite with a fishing pole. He is a Johnson Man, right. That is so cute. I just want to eat little Simon up.

Tiffany said...

Those are some really cute pictures. Simon is such a cute kid!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

What a brilliant idea, aren't dads the smartest?