Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rice-a-Roni, the San Fransisco Treat!

Here are just some pics from my overnight stay in San Fransisco. I had to go for work meetings and really was only able to site see for a couple hours. I've never been to San Fran before, and it was fun for a day....but I don't think I'll be vacationing there. I'm not so much a city girl! If you are jealous right now because I was in some warm weather...don't be! I wasn't! It was FREEZING cold! I even had to stop into a gift shop and buy a warmer jacket cause I wasn't having any fun!!
Here is the....um....I think maybe the Golden Gate Bridge??? Sure, we will go with that answer!

This was just off Fishermans Warf. You probably can't tell but there are sea lions all over on these little dock things. They were so noisy!! But it was fun to watch them play and just be lazy in the sun! Here are my fabulous traveling companions! I also met up with some fellow Best Buy managers that I no longer work with. It was so fun to see them and hang for a day!
This is (I was told) the original Joe's Crab Shack. Not sure if that's true or not, but I took a pic anyway cause Cody loves Joes!!
Again, another pic for Cody! My man loves his chocolate!
Sadly, we didn't actually take a trolly ride! It was more than I wanted to spend and the wait time was rediculous in the cold weather! So, instead we took the taxi ride from hell!! If you have been to San Fran you know that there are these crazy hills to drive on....well, the taxi drivers fly down them! I thought I was on a freaking rollercoaster! It's safe to say I tried to walk everywhere else possible! I hated those taxi rides!


This is on the deck where we ate lunch. It was way too expensive for how non appetizing it was!
Alcatrez! It's hard to see...my camera doesn't have very good zoom! We wanted to take a tour but they were all sold out! For my fellow "So I Married An Axe Murderer" fans....I was hoping for the tour and for a tour guide named Vicky! :)
They had this pretty cool war ship there. We didn't have enough money to take the tour inside, but I got a pic anyway.
Bubba Gumps!
As you can see it was pretty much just a business trip! No one brought any money to do anything fun and we really didn't have a ton of time to do anything anyway. But it was fun to get out of the valley for a couple days anyway....but it's always even nicer to come back!



8 comments:

Hayley said...

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.

Enough said.

Anonymous said...

Fun to get away for a bit, even if it was business.

Heidi Kjar said...

Thought I'd pop over. San Fran is cold huh? I'm more of a San Diego traveler- it's warmer there. The taxi ride from Hell made me laugh out loud- I can only imagine! love it

Melissa Hernandez said...

I love San Fran! I went to a training there for work 3 years ago and I took Chris with me. We did the Alcatraz tour and it was so creepy!!! I loved fishermans warf, the food down there was amazing, best clam chowder ever!!!

Stacey Irwin said...

i totally forgot about so I married an ax murder!!! awesome. . . well may I suggest you never be a travel agent. you are just too honest... It still looks fun though. )( yup I'm one of those suckers who would go because I have on of those positive hopefull attitudes!) are you home yet?

The Wolfley Family said...

Hey, at least you got to leave the house! Jealous!

Amber said...

Yikes - is it cold everywhere? I feel just a tiny bit better knowing that you aren't coming back with a tan! I went to San Fran when I was a kid and hated Fisherman's Warf - I'm not a fish fan so the smell was horrible to me! Anyway, glad you sorta had fun :)

Sandy said...

It's always nice when the trip is paid for isn't it. I loved visiting San Fran. The wharf with all its fresh seafood is fun. I'm a country livin', city visiting kind of gal. What a fun little getaway for you though. One of my favorite parts of a vacation is coming home and sleeping in my own bed!