Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Feeling Better!

So, all day I was feeling a little bummed about my fabulous parenting skills (see post below for full story). I know that it was comical...believe me, it took everything I had not to laugh when Simon said those things! But it did actually make me feel a little bit like I'm not raising my kid right. Cody says I'm really good at taking something that's "not a big deal" and working it over in my mind until I have 10 zits and an ulcer and all of a sudden it's the end of the world! Well, I came home from work tonight and was watching one of my favorite TV shows "Still Standing". If you have ever seen this show you will understand why it made me feel better! This couple is pretty much a perfect comparison to me and Cody (if only I looked like Judy!), but it made me feel a little more normal!

11 comments:

Amber said...

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches that show to remind myself that my parenting skills aren't nearly as bad as they could be! Although, I do have to say that I liked a few of their techniques :)

Hobbs Family said...

HEHEHE love love love the show.

The Robbins said...

Amy, your right on the mark. That show makes me feel better too. :)

Bre said...

I LOVE that show!! It makes me laugh so hard. And dont worry your are a fab. mom! And I agree with you, that show always makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

It is so much funnier when it is someone else. Jackson is always repeating things we say. He loves to tell us "You gotta settle down."

Ash said...

First... You're a great mom!
Second... LOVE that show!

Ariana said...

Jonathan is in LOVE with this show. He DVRs tons of episodes.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I laughed reading your story. I am sure every mom has a day where they fee like a complete failure! I know i have had my days. I know, I need to start watching my mouth, isabella now understands me. And I have always sworn like a sailor. And, I am in Young Women now too, so really I need to start swearing like a true mormon "Dang it all to heck!"

Amber said...

Amy! Wherefore art thou Amy? I know you're awfully busy - but I think you're overdue for a post. :)

Stacey Crandall said...

Amy, my worst mom moment!! I was so excited to take Landon to his first day of preschool. We got to your moms and got out took pics at the door. It was strange because there were not a ton of moms. Anyway, I sent him in and picked him up. I talked to your mom and said well we will see you tomorrow. She said... there is no school tomorrow. We have a day in between. I wondered why you were not here yesterday!!! Ya, we missed the first day... Stupid mom!!! Anyway, I have had my fair share of bad mom moments. Luckily they forget them!!!

Parker Family said...

Hey Amy, this is Michelle, I was emailing the whole family and I realized I didn't have your email address to tell you that me and Kylie both started up a blog. I have reading yours for awhile now, and some friends finally talked me into starting one up, so I thought I would let you know both of our blogs: Kylie: kyliejeddcherry.blogspot.com and mine is: brianmichelleparkerfamily.blogspot.com; it sure is fun to keep up on eachothers lives by having a blog. Thanks for sharing yours with me! Love, Michelle (Downs)