Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Parenting 101: FAILED!

I just have to quickly post a few of the comments my 2 year old has made today!
First, I was attempting to get his pull-ups on him (because he refuses to wear his diaper some days) and I said "If you don't get dressed we can't go play outside!" Usually this works miraculously, but today the response I got from my kid was "Bite me!" Yep, you heard right...my two year old has turned into a teenager! That's not all. As I was sitting down to some delicious pancackes Simon decided to climb up on the table. I kindly asked him to please get off the table. His response "Fine! Relax!" What????? Are you kidding me??? Nope, still not done. So, I'm in the bathroom getting ready for work and he's sitting on the floor playing with a shoe box. I'm not sure what triggered this but out of his mouth I hear "Holy S***". Where have I gone wrong??? This was a huge wake up call for me that my kid will repeat ANYTHING that he hears you say! So, I guess I've got to clean up my act! As my mom would say, I guess I need to re-enroll in parenting 101!! My apologies to the moms that may hear this out of your kids mouth.....Simon probably taught it to them!

11 comments:

Hobbs Family said...

Oh ya totally know what you are talking about Parkers got himself a dirty little month. Even things that I know me and Skylar have never said come out of this kids mouth. So I feel for you.

Hayley said...

I am laughing my butt off right now. What a kid! I love him, potty mouth and all!

Anonymous said...

Uh-Oh!!! Let's hope he didn't learn any of these at my house! I can't pictures sweet little Simon saying any of those things, but I will admit that I was laughing when I read your post. OK... swearing OR sassy talk isn't real funny, however, my girls have repeated me one too many times and its good to laugh at other peoples kids doing the same thing! Remind me to tell you about a funny conversation he and I had the other day!

Ang

Ash said...

I love it! I think it's so funny when kids have potty mouths. I have the hardest time holding back my laughs.

Amber said...

Yeah...this is why Chris and I have actually enrolled in a parenting class. We finally admitted to ourselves that we have no idea what we're doing.

The Robbins said...

You should maybe write a column in a newspaper...cause I love the way you write things! Simon is THEE cutest little stud! Its totally a mixed emotion when your kid says something naughty. Its HILARIOUS because he doesn't really understand what he saying, but at the same time you don't want him to talk like that, especially during Nursery or something! :)

The Wolfley Family said...

I was laughing so hard that I couldn't keep reading and Breje got out of bed to see what was going on! I bet he looked so cute when he was talking like that!

Stacey Irwin said...

This is just hilarious! Looks like your boy catches on quick! I'll have to tell you a few of my kids choice words when I see ya next!! It will make you feel better.
I know we can't encourage it.. But it is hilarious!

Ariana said...

No worries...Addison picks up EVERYTHING too. I have to watch myself - I tend to say, "Oh my hell" more than I thought I did. Believe me you are not alone!

Hayley said...

Lets discuss your lack of posting lately.

Your blog misses you, it needs you. We need you.

Come back.

DAD JONES said...

I'M PRETTY SURE THAT IT WASNT YOU TEACHING SIMON HOW TO CUS!!! HAS HE BEEN FISHING WITH CODY LATELY ??? LOVE CHECKING UP ON YOU GUYS EVAN JONES