Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cowboy Up!

I know....right? So cute!!! Simon has been obsessed with being a cowboy lately! And I can honestly say that it is by absolutly NO influence from Cody and I. We are not cowboy folk here! I think he must have spent some time with my Grandpa Downs in heaven before he came down. :) He loves to ride his toy horse "Ponytail", and is determined that he is going to ride bulls when he is older (um...I'm pretty sure I get the last say in that one!). He watches the movie "8 Seconds" about once a day and can't wait to try out the "Mutten Busten" this summer in the rodeos. What have we done? Where did we go wrong? Since we don't listen to country music at our house my sister brought over a couple CD's that she burned for Simon full of cowboy music (he only likes the boy cowboys to sing....no girls!) It just really comes to show that you can influence your kids, but they still have their own little personalities!
I love you Simon!
"Whatever you are, be a good one!"
-Abe Lincoln-

8 comments:

Candice said...

Thats so cute! I love it!

Stacey Irwin said...

How in the world did that happen??!! Maybe he was linked to you during your country years ( who says you can hide that past???!!) But I must admit he is the cutest little cowboy ever!! maybe he'll get it out of his system while he's young... ha,Just kidding! He'll be adorable regardless! Cowboy up Simon!!! ( Love his pony's name BTW!)

rosie said...

You know what Willie Nelson says.."Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.." Relax, when he falls off his first bull he'll decide motorcycles look a lot more fun!!!

The Wolfley Family said...

He can even make cowboy look cute! I'm pretty sure Jody's willing to teach him how to ride!
BTW -- I may be joining you with that drink!

Kylie said...

Ha ha, that is way too cute! I love it. You'll have to post pictures of the mutton bustin' (not sure how to spell that!) when he does that. Too funny!

Melissa Hernandez said...

omg-could he be any cuter?

Soto family said...

Mom said she's sick of playing cowboy! :) I love that lil' guy. Can't wait for him to play bullrider with Soto! LOL!

Anonymous said...

He IS the cutest little thing ever! Can we make sure that he and Hannah get married??!

I got your comment on my blog... I really shouldn't have the agency to choose... no insurance, paycheck to paycheck living and debt really demands me work... I'm just not very smart one! I SO admire you... the ability to work and be such a wonderful mommy and wife is really amazing.

Oh and you mom... I got a comment from her. I was so excited to hear from her. Hannah misses her SO much and I'm such a jerk for not calling her. I wonder if she would take her back for the last half of the year.