Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Friends and a New Experience

So, apparently Simon has developed an imaginary friend....sort of. His name is "Real Guy" and we have yet to figure out if he lives in the pantry or if he indeed is the pantry door. He also has a pet alligator! Yes, quite the imagination! Simon keeps reminding us that he is a really nice guy! Weirdo! Of course I had to get a pic of Simon talking to "Real Guy".

On Wednesday my in-laws ward had a family fun night at the pool. Cody decided to go fishing instead.... (butt!), so me and Simon went we the Johnson Clan. We had so much fun! Of course Simon started off the evening with a scraped up knee (what else is new?). But once Hayley was able to actually get Simon to go in the water he had a blast! The poor kid basically jumped up and down in the water the intire time. If any of you have ever done water arobics before you know how much this must have wore him out! Finally "Uncle Kyle" was able to talk Simon into going down the water slide with him. I can't believe he actually went down! As soon as he came down he demanded that Mom go down the slide with him next. So, of course I did.....we had a fun bonding moment doing that! It was great!
Hayley and Trav.
Yes, I'm a brave soul to post a pic of me in my swimsuit just out of the water. I had to have proof of the fun we had!
Ady, Simon, and Sienna. They are all smiles! You can just tell they had the time of their lives even though it was now time to go home!


9 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I totally should have gone, my ward went Wed. night too, but Chris isn't much for going and "socializing" with people from the ward that he barely knows. I should have forced him to go it would have been fun! I love the "real guy" how cute is that?

Stacey Irwin said...

How fun is that! I can't believe cody bailed on you! Welcome back by the way! I hope Real guy keeps it REAL! ( okay that is just awesome!) Where does the pet aligator live? I love his imagination, what a cute kid! glad you guys had fun!

Hayley said...

Real guy! So funny! I'm also really glad you came swimming. I feel like I haven't seen you very much lately and it was nice to spend a few minutes with you!

Missing you.

Soto family said...

Does Real Guy know DUCKY?

Bre said...

So much fun at the pool! ANd i love his imagination, too cute and funny

The Wolfley Family said...

I'm so jealous we didn't get to swim with you! We missed you so much this weekend-- but pictures do help.
Say hello to REAl guy for me! What a cute silly little boy!

Caesy Jade Smith said...

hey amy!do you remember stacy?she was your freind.well she left a coment on my blog.i need her adress to her blog so i can add her to one of my freinds!thanks... LUV YA!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I saw his little knees today. He wouldn't tell me how it happened. He just said that it hurt and he cried, but they are all better now.

He's a funny kid. Him and Hannah were kissing through the glass door that was propped open today at the library. They were on opposite sides so they were kissing the glass and were laughing hysterically about it. Neither one seemed to understand that at a library you are supposed to be quiet!! :)

Ang

Amber said...

I thought that the "Real Guy" story was pretty cute and then I about died laughing when you said you couldn't figure out if he was in the pantry or the actual pantry door! That'll be a great story to share with his first girlfriend :)

I applaud you for getting into a swimming suit - my poor kids haven't been to the pool once this summer because I'm too embarrassed by my chubby body. Guess I should actually start that diet that I always say I'm on...