Sunday, April 12, 2009

Busy Weekend!

What a busy weekend! Friday was Simons birthday! I can't believe he is 3 years old! He is getting so big and way too sassy! :) We started out the day by going to "Baby Animal Days" with a friend of mine and her little boy. Of course I forgot to take my camera (so unlike me!). That was super fun! This year Simon was determined to have a "Pirate Party". So a friend of mine said she would make him a pirate cake. I can't believe what an amazing job she did with it! I looooooovvvveee this cake! She did such a great job! This picture really doesn't do it justice! By the way Cami, it was delicious! It did break my heart to cut into it though!




Ady and Sienna were good sports to dress up like pirates with Simon. I'm loving Ady's "arghhh" face!

Simon had to inform me the "pirates don't smile". Maybe he has seen "Pirates of the Carribean" too many times! Don't judge me!


The grandparents always spoil Simon so much! Grandma Linda and Grandpa Mike got Simon a "motorcycle bike". If you just call it a bike he will be very quick to correct you!! It's a "motorcycle bike!"


The Wolfleys gave the perfect gift....a huge pirate ship! Simon loved it! He was super sad that the Wolfleys couldn't make it. He kept saying "I know my cousins live really far away, but they will come to my party." We would try to explain to him that it was too far away and he just kept saying "No, they will come to my party!" It was kind of sad! So, Wolfley clan.....we missed you!


Grandma Tana and Grandpa Joel got Simon a bouncy horse. It was a hit! Simon went from Pirate to Cowboy in about 2 seconds flat! See what I mean? Both grandparents spoil him rotten!


I think the Kidmans won though....they gave Simon a little car bubble machine. Thank you Kidmans for the extra layer of film that is coated on every inch of my carpet and walls! :) Payback is a bitch! :) As for what me and Cody got Simon....we had to stick with the boring gifts (cause really, how do you compete with all that??). So we got him a few books, a couple puzzles, playdoh, and a movie. Oh ya, and a helmet and knee pads for his bike. Cody got him his first fishing pole too! I think Cody was more excited than Simon, but I think Simon just doesn't quite realize what it is yet.


After all the fun and games the kids sat down to watch a movie while the rest of us played some games! Thank you everyone for helping Simon have such a great birthday!

8 comments:

alliSUN said...

Haha! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMON! I Love this kid! I always watch for a new post on him! it's more entertaining then a new episode of my favorite program! lol! I always look forward to hearing about him! HE MAKES ME LAUGH SO MUCH! LOL! Tell him happy birthday from a one pirate fan to another! I LOVE PIRATES!
-Love Allison Shepherd (alli)

Melissa Hernandez said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Simon! Love the theme, what a cute idea!

Hayley said...

We had such a fun time celebrating with you guys. Looking at your pics makes me so very happy that we live so close and can do special occasions together. We sure love that Simon!

Stacey Irwin said...

I thought of him on his birthday. Such a busy day!
Happy Birthday Simon. I can't BELIEVE his is really 3!
Looks like he had a great birthday! and obviously is adored by all the family!

the cake was soo cute too!

arggh Matey!

The Wolfley Family said...

He breaks my heart he is such a sweet kid! It was so hard not to be there, but I heard it was a pretty awesome party! Will your friend come make a cake for my girl? She is way talented.
Give Simon a huge hug and tell him we will come play with him soon!

Hobbs Family said...

Happy Birthday Simon! How cute was that cake, so much fun! He is getting so big, can not believe he is three!

Cami said...

I am so glad he liked his cake! I had such a great time making it! I can't wait to do some more!

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday Simon! Wow, 3 years old? Also, I love the cake, how adorable is that? What talent she has.