Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Don't Want to Brag, But.....

Thank you Hayley for the inspiration on the title of this blog! So, I was sitting down, clipping my coupons and Simon decided he wanted to clip some coupons of his own. I figure your never too young to learn the value of a dollar....so the clipping began!

After much consentration...the first coupon was clipped! I'm pretty proud of him! He did a pretty great job!
And alas! The results of our labors! I spent $110 and saved $100!!! I will go ahead and chalk that one up as a success! But even more than the savings- I enjoyed watching Cody's face when I showed him what we saved!

I think Cody has finally realized that the cost of the paper is well worth the savings!



5 comments:

Hawks Family said...

That's so cute. Hailey does the same thing. When we go to the store, she has to have her purse and her "coupons" so that she's all set to shop. I know she's young, but I've been having fun with her wanting to go shopping with me.

Kylie said...

Too cute! I love it. And awesome job at the store. I have never saved that much money on one trip so way to go! Jedd thought the same thing. He was wondering at first if it actually paid off to do all that we do,clipping,putting lists together, and shopping, but after a few trips, he got it!

Syndee said...

Great job! Kylee loves to clip too. It feels so good to save that much money. Steven was not happy about the papers we get either, but he has had to bite is lip quit a few times.

Hobbs Family said...

Sweet! Simon is so dang cute..good idea by the way, it's nice to have a little help with clipping coupons!!

Michelle said...

Amy. So Awesome. Why didnt you share your knowledge the other day!!!!