Saturday, April 18, 2009

Michael Alleman Memorial Run

So, one of my favorite things about working for Best Buy is the opportunity to be involved in a lot of community fundraisers. We came across this particular fundraiser and I was super stoked to be a part of it. Amy Alleman (girl in the hat on the end) is actually my age and has two young boys and just lost her husband in Iraq. So, her friends and family hosted a 5k run to help her and her family. I can not even begin to comprehend what her and her family are going through right now!
These photo's are in no particular order...but here you go. This is the Best Buy group that ran. This is right after the race. Amy Alleman is on the end with one of her little boys. She is such a nice person and she has such a positive attitude!!
Me and Tyson were the last of the Best Buy group to finish. At least we finished! I was pretty proud of us for doing as well as we did!


Kraig was second from our group.



And of course Drew was the first from our group to finish. He is a marathon runner so this was no surprise to us! He decided to do this run instead of the Boise Marathon! Thanks Drew!!! He was even nice enough to come find me and Tyson after he finished and run the rest of the way with us! :)




We really are such a great looking group, right? Thanks fella's for running with me!




6 comments:

Syndee said...

Way to go. It looks like your day may have been more productive than most of mine. Congrats on the run!

Hawks Family said...

You are the woman! Just thinking about running down the street makes me tired.

Stacey Irwin said...

You never cease to amaze and impress me?! way to support those good causes. My heart goes out to the girl and her boys. How did you do in your race?
It's like you have a list.. .Golf,check.. bike race, Check.. 5k race.. check.
What's next?

Go you!

Melissa Hernandez said...

what a great cause! I can't even imagine going through such a trial.

Hayley said...

Her trial makes ours feel like cake. Good for you!

Kylie said...

How fun. That is awesome that you get to be apart of so many great things. Way to go!