Tuesday, April 28, 2009



I love my little cowboy! I wanted to journal this little story because I never want to forget it. The other night Simon and I decided to go to McDonalds so he could play in their playland. He was so excited and ran right over to play. There was an older little boy there playing and he went up to Simon and started teasing him and just kind of being mean to Simon. I've never wanted to punch a little kid before! Anyway, Simon came running over to me and I thought he would start crying or something. Instead he had this huge grin on his face and pointed to the other boy and said "Mom, that boy is my friend!" I know that's a silly little story, but I was so proud of Simon! Instead of getting his feelings hurt he made a new friend! As soon as the older boy realized he hadn't bothered Simon at all he left him alone and Simon had a blast playing. I hope Simon always keeps such an optomistic view on things! I love him so much and I learn so much from him!

2 comments:

Hawks Family said...

Kids are amazing sometimes! Seems they are always teaching us how to be the better person. Way to go Simon!

Cami said...

Aww haha that's cute! Wish I could have that mindset!