Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Hooked"

So, this is how my day started off! I was minding my own business washing dishes (yep, that's what I get for doing a little house work) and suddenly feel this awful prick in my foot. I look down and see metal embedded into my foot. Foolishly I figure it must just be a staple or something (hindsight would question why exactly would there be a staple in my kitchen?), so of course I grab hold and yank......%^*#$&#^%%!!! Definitely not a staple! So, once I realize what it is I try to call Cody in hopes that he will have a magical way of getting it out. As you can see, the barbed end isn't really made to slip out easily. No Cody. I try the other fishermen in my life, my dad and my father in law. My dad was in Ogden but was definitely sympathetic over the phone ("please don't tell your mom! She's been bugging me not to play with my hooks in the house!") So, I drag myself to the doctor bare foot and limping with my kid in hopes they can help me! Of course they get it out (not before an incredibly painful shot to numb my foot, and a tetnis shot afterward). I told the doctor that surely it would hurt less to just pull the damn thing out than that shot did! In case you were wondering I did my best to have a brave face cause Simon was definitely concerned that his mom had a hook in her foot. But, I did let some tears seep out. For those of you that think "well, the worst of your day is over", it wasn't....but I'm surely not going to get into that (rolled my other ankle trying to go down the stairs cause I forgot that my other foot was numb, lost my purse, and had smoke seeping out the hood of my car).
So, if I'm a little grumpy about fishing lately....can you really blame me? The good part of the day was hearing Simon repeat "Dad's in big trouble!"
*Note the song playing as you read this! It's supposed to be "Hook" by Blues Traveler. I crack myself up sometimes!

18 comments:

Soto family said...

I am so sorry Ames!!! That sucks! At least it was in your foot and not in your cheek or something! SEEEE! I need to live closer to my SISTER so I can help!

The Wolfley Family said...

That is totally my greatest fear! The biggest reason I can't get into fishing is not just that it looks REALLY boring, but I am deathly afraid of those hooks! Total sympathy from me!

Hayley said...

I'm sorry your day sucked! You really should have had me take Simon while you were at the Doctor. He was such a good kid today. He and Sienna got along VERY well! I hope your foot feels better, we will miss you tomorrow night!

Kelsie said...

I am sorry about your horrible day, but have to find a little humor in it because I have definitely been there!! Truth be known... with a fisherman dad and a live and breath fisherman husband I have had my fair share of hooks caught in random parts of my body! The worst for me was when it got stuck in my head! Ouch! The best was when my "professional" fisherman hooked himself in the calf. That one called for the ER and a shot too! CrAzY!! I am sorry your day totally sucked!! I hope that tomorrow will be better!

The Buys said...

What you should have done is bang your foot against the table. If you laugh then it's not a big deal. If you cry then that's what you get for banging your foot against the table.=) My folks might just rent out the place. Kind of a 5 year plan to boost my dad's retirement at work. That house has too many memories to just sale to some mindless shmuck who doesn't even know who "Drop Dead Fred" is. Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Those kind of days are never fun, but it makes for an interesting story.

tina said...

Oh! I'm so sorry. That sounds painful. I couldn't help but laugh about the stairs though.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I apologize for laughing hysterically as I read this. What a crappy day, why is it that all hell breaks loose on the same day? why can't the love be spread over a few days? I'm glad you survived, I can't imagine a shot in the foot, that's a tender area!

Erin Rupp Bowcutt said...

Oh my goodness! No more fish hooks in the house from now on.....hopefully! That had to hurt but on the brightside you found it before Simon could step on it or find it! That would be aweful!
Hope your foot heals quickly!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh - that's awful! My week was nothing compared to your one sucky day! I'll stop complaining right now.

Stacey Irwin said...

oh girl! I feel so bad for laughing. . . I can only imagine the heat Cody got when he got home!! It's definetly a "sucks to be you " lou day. I hope your foot . . ankle . . .and Car feel better soon!! Poor Girl!!

Caesy Jade Smith said...

hey amy,
Its Caesy!I really love you.Hey mabey you could check out my blog,me and candice gave it a litell makeover.It is still the same address.I love you!

Ash said...

OUCHY! Sounds horrible! I hope you're feeling better! You'll laugh later, RIGHT?

Michelle said...

Im so sorry to here about your day.I hope all is ok.

Mindy said...

That sucks! A sharp prick here would have meant scorpion. So I guess you have to decide what you'd rather in your home. Sloppy husband or a creepy little critter that like warm places - like underneath your pillow.
Eeek.

Q and T McKnight said...

I love reading your BLOG - you crack me up. You have not changed one bit - still a hoot! Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Hayley said...

Have you lost your blog mo-jo? I missing your posts!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! OK... the hook in the foot is NOT hilarious, but your description of your day is. Ouch! I sometimes complain that my husband doesn't have hobbies outside of work, but hearing your story makes me glad that he doesn't fish :>!

Ang