Monday, March 3, 2008

Crap-tastic Weekend!

So, this is how we spent our fabulous weekend! In the hospital! Simon was still pretty sick on Friday (he had a temp of 105 the night before), so first thing Friday morning we took him into the doctor. Dr. McKenna wanted us to take him up to Pediatrics so they could pump some fluids into him. It was supposed to be just until about 6:00pm or so....
But by that time he still hadn't perked up at all and was still running a fever and still not peeing...so we decided to keep him in the hospital over night.
The poor kid was breaking our hearts! You could tell he just was not feeling good, but he was being so brave while they put his IV in and got all his heart monitors and everything hooked up! He was even too sick to enjoy the massive amounts of attention he was getting!
After that night he definatly perked up, but Dr. McKenna was still concerned that he was pooping more than he was taking in, and he still hadn't peed...so we were in for one more night in the hospital. Simon was such a champ and did surprisingly well to stay in bed.
That night we were the only ones left in Pediatrics, so the nurse let us go for a wagon ride. It was definatly the highlight of the weekend! Simon loved it and all the nurses waved and let him think he was in a parade! They are all so sweet! Finally on Sunday Dr. McKenna came in and told us we could go home. You have never seen two more excited parents! We were going crazy from being cooped up that long as well! Simon got to pull the wagon full of all our belongings and gifts to the car and he thought he was pretty cool. Once we got home he just ran, and ran! He was so happy to be free and to be able to run about! It was a pretty long weekend, but we are so glad that he is finally feeling better! Thank you so much for all your phone calls and concerns! We are doing much better now!

14 comments:

Hayley said...

What a trooper! I can't tell you how much we miss you guys, and how bad we felt about Simon being sick! Maybe someday we will be able to play again...Give Sim hugs from all of us, and btw, the bathroom just got done this weekend...so don't worry.

tina said...

I'm so glad he's doing better! And sorry you had to have such an aweful weekend.

Kelsie said...

I feel so bad for Simon! I am glad he is doing so much better, I was so worried! I've missed you at work!

The Wolfley Family said...

He looks so tiny and sad in that hospital bed! What a relief that he is back to himself!Miss you!

Hanne and Fam said...

I'm sorry your weekend had to be filled with such worry! I'm glad to hear that Simon is better and at home.

Erin Rupp Bowcutt said...

Oh poor baby boy! That is so sad! How hard on everyone! I am glad he is feeling better! That is so scary!

Stacey Irwin said...

wow! that is crazy! poor guy! what a crappy thing to go thru! what did he have that made him so sick? That just breaks my heart! But it looks like he got a lot of love from grandma etc. I hope you and cody are re-cooping! have a sick kid just drains you doesn't it?


oh yeah. drop dead fread . one of the best lines in the movie! ( shoot me if I never remember lines from that movie!)

I'll send you my next dinner party invite... shall I book your plane ticket! just say the word girl!

hope Simon is up and causing a muck soon!

Amber said...

I can't believe he let them put an IV in! I think an IV hurts worse than an epidural - ugh! Anyway, I'm really glad he was ok. I kind of freaked out when Kelsie told me he was in the hospital. My sister says Peds has been full of RSV kids lately. Good thing it wasn't that right?

Melissa Hernandez said...

What a weekend. He sure is a trooper for hanging out at the hospital that long. I love the picture of him in the wagon. I am glad you guys are home and he is feeling better, I know it's so scary when are little one's get sick. But, I am glad he is feeling good!

Soto family said...

I love my little simon. Even his little eyes looked so sick! It was fun to play with him at the hospital.... he was kinda "tied down" (IV, ect) so he couldn't run away from me. LOL! I love that little guy! And you guys are the cutest mommy and daddy ever! LOve you ALL!!

Soto family said...

PS you need to go to Erin's blog and vote for Edward or Jacob. Tell Hayley too. And anyone else who reads those stinkin' books! (you know who you are! )

Melissa Hernandez said...

Re: I didn't see any boy bags in that pattern, but they did have some super cute boy bags that were tan and with blue circles, it was way cute!! I know ya can't beat it with a price like that!

Hayley said...

Okay, after reading your comments on my AI blog post, I think we need to have a party or something. We think much alike, though I'm sticking to hating Danny N.

Ash said...

So I just left you a comment and I have no idea where it went... it disappeared! Just in case it shows up I won't say the same thing, but I sure do hope your little guy feels like his self again!