Thursday, January 17, 2008

Improvising!

So, Monday morning Simon woke up to find that our neighbors across the street had built a snowman. Well, of course he wanted to go outside and say "hi" and then he wanted to build one himself. Yes, I had a selfish mom moment that consisted of me being way too tired and cold to have any desire what-so-ever to go outside. Luckily my mom came over to see Simon and the brilliant woman that she is figured they could make a snowman inside using play-doh! You'd think she was a preschool teacher or something!
So, she taught Simon how to roll the play-doh around to make a ball...
And then stack them on top of each other....and you have a snowman. Ta-da! Crisis averted! How does she come up with these things? I only hope to be that smart and creative someday!

7 comments:

Hanne and Fam said...

I like this idea! Next time my kids want a snowman I'm going to pull out the play doh. Thanks Amy and Tana!

Hayley said...

You know that I think your mom is wonderful as well! Though you are more and more like her every day!

Melissa Hernandez said...

i love tana, she's so cute. what a brilliant idea, that's what grandma's are for

Soto family said...

OF COURSE she came up with the play-doh! We love our cute mom! I would have probably told Caesy to draw one. :)

The Wolfley Family said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm even too lazy for play dough! Simon is so lucky!

Ash said...

I'm with you...I hate it when Brex wants to go outside and play in the snow. I have officially turned that job over to Cody. Dads are way more fun than moms!!!

Amber said...

I'm so glad you have selfish mom moments too - that makes me feel so much better about myself!! I just didn't buy Andrew any snow clothes so technically, he can't go outside to play :)