Sunday, January 20, 2008

Terrible Two's!!

So, I guess I am definatly not prepared for this "terrible two's"" stage! Simon is going to be two in April...so, I'm praying that he is just going through the phase a little early! He is so hard right now! Of course he has his incredibly cute moments. Maybe today has just been particularly hard, so that's all I can focus on! He is back into his biting stage (sorry Sienna!) and he gets the sparkle in his eyes when he knows he is doing something he is not supposed to. Mom's, you know the look I'm sure! I'm pretty sure he has spent 1/3 of his day today in time out! When I yell at him (which I find myself doing way too often) he just yells back. He's decided he likes to throw his food now and today I almost found myself throwing it back at him. Maybe I should have to lighten the mood cause I found my eyes begining to "leak" and had to excuse myself from the table at my mom's so no one saw me lose it! So stupid I know! For any of you that have twins....God bless you! I'm pretty sure if I had twins one of them would be offered up to the highest bidder! OK, I'm sure I wouldn't......??? So, I guess my blog today is a tribute to all you moms out there that have been through this and have lived to tell about it. Better yet, all the kids that have lived through that stage to tell about it! And for any of you that tell me "this is nothing, it's just going to get worse!" I'm pretty sure you will find yourself "X'd off the list" (as my 4 year old neice once put it). Maybe I need a good night sleep (ha ha) and tomorrow will be a better day!

6 comments:

The Wolfley Family said...

Well, I just cannot stop laughing. Mostly, cause Simon sounds like he's Breje and Kutter rolled up in one! I'm postive neither one of them would have survived this long if they weren't so darn cute. Good thing Simon is such a handsome little devil! It WILL get better. In the meantime, don't be afraid to let your eyes "leak" a bit. We've all been there, some of us have had it even worse!

Hayley said...

I'm sorry that your day was so bad. There have been a few times I've left Wal-mart with Adyson kicking and screaming and me sobbing too. It is just part of parenting, and he will get better. Don't sweat the small stuff. He is a great kid who is also very loving.

Ash said...

FUN FUN FUN!! I am so glad that I'm not the only mom that yells all day long! There will always be those days. Just remember about 2 days out of the week are absolutely wonderful:) I always wonder why can't there be 5 wonderful days and 2 terrible days? Better yet no terrible days at all! GOOD LUCK! We'll all make it through this thing called motherhood, and it will be the good days we'll remember the most.

Amber Culp Family said...

Please don't "X" me, but just until 3! For us, 3 was worse than 2, because they have more attitude!

Amber said...

Amy - does it help to know that you're normal? I go through the exact same things with Andrew. Chris and I decided a long time ago to pick our battles, but now we're wondering - Do we let him get away with too much? I guess it's enough that we love our kids. Everything else should work itself out right? I really hope this is true!!

Hanne and Fam said...

It gets better. I hate the bad days though where you just want to climb back in bed and forget you have kids!