Monday, January 14, 2008

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me!


Sunday was Sid's birthday! I can't believe he is 7 years old! I'm not completly obsessed with my own kid....there is a picture of Sid down at the bottom! As you can tell the theme of the party was Pirates. The kid is obsessed with pirates. It's either that or Lego's and I just don't know how you would do a Lego birthday party!
The kids played a game with a "pirate bomb" that you had to keep passing around before it "exploded". I didn't think Simon would really get the idea, and even if he did I didn't think he would have the patience to wait his turn....boy was I wrong.
He totally got it and was pretty proud of himself for "playing game with kids" (that's what he said!). He waited so patiently and as soon as he got the "bomb" he held it as long as he could and than passed it off! I was a pretty proud mom!
He actually liked wearing the pirate hat which totally surprised me, but of course he's good with doing anything to be like Sid!

But of course after awhile the goofball Simon that we all know and love decided to put his own personality into wearing the hat! What a nerd!
Here's the birthday boy! He had his own special pirate hat which he wore the entire night!
Captain Jack Sparrow he's not....but Greg and Miranda did throw a pretty great party for Sid!
Simon thought he was pretty cool being a "big kid". I wish I could have all the kids over for every meal cause Simon ate pretty good with them all there. Wait, did I really wish for that? I'm crazy!
Every party needs a pooper that's why we invited them....:) Just kidding. Cody and Markelle had fun too. This picture just looked like they were watching Conference or something! (there goes the lightning!) God has a sense of humor, right?
OK, OK...it's just so cute, I had to post it twice! Actually the truth is I couldn't figure out how to delete it off! :) I'm challanged!


7 comments:

Hayley said...

He is looking awfully grown up in these pics! I can't believe they are almost 2!

tina said...

So I'm loving that you have the internet now. IT so good to see your pics. And I think Simon makes a good pirate!

Soto family said...

cute post Amy!!! (by the way, to delete the pic push DELETE) hahaha! Simon was sooo cute! I love how he held that dang thing as long as he could, then hurried and passed it along. Then you could see on his face how proud he was to be playing with the big kids! What a cutie. I think Sid had tonz of fun! Did you hear his comment about the big lego set? "SEE, I TOLD YOU I KNEW WHAT IT WAS!"

Hanne and Fam said...

I love all the pics! Hope to see lots of posts now that you have the internet!

Melissa Hernandez said...

He's the cutest pirate I have ever seen. He looks like he was having way too much fun :)

The Wolfley Family said...

He gets cuter everyday. Dontcha love it when they surprise you and understand something new?! BTW I have no idea how to delete a picture either. I tried and tried the other day and just couldn't figure it out. I finally deleted the whole post and started over. This was a much better option!

Ash said...

You kill me. I just read through your last 3 posts (great job by the way), and I was laughing out loud because either it's late or you really are funny. Simon is still handsome, and I love the picture of the 2 of you. I'm also wondering when Cody and I get to get in the Monopoly action:)